Going Green... More Than Just a Slogan
Bullard is an environmentally friendly company with a goal of continuous improvement. In 2007, Bullard applied to the state of Kentucky to become a member of the prestigious Kentucky Excellence in Environmental Leadership (KY EXCEL) program. Our acceptance into the program began in early 2008 and we continue to this date. Inclusion into KY EXCEL made a public statement of our desire to regulate, document and improve the company’s environmental efforts. We have since implemented recycling, consumption and waste reduction measures, and energy saving devices and processes at the Company.
Below is the partial list of our increased efforts.
Collection and Recycling:
- Mixed office waste (paper, cardboard)
- Batteries including Alkaline, NiMH, and Lithium
- Cell phones
- Raw production materials
- Packaging from vendors (plastic, shipping peanuts, cardboard, stretch wrap)
- Brass and stainless steel screen
Reducing Consumption and Waste:
- Unsubscribing from unwanted periodicals
- Implementing use of standby mode on computers and equipment
- Distributing re-usable drink cups instead of throwaway cups
- Motion sensors turn lights on only when needed
- Replaced 90% of paper towel dispensers with high-efficiency hand dryers
Ecologically Friendly Endeavors:
- Implemented energy saving devices and processes
- Discontinued use of Styrofoam plates in the cafeteria
- Urethane foam liners are formed without the use of CFCs
- Use of NiMH batteries over NiCd batteries, due to the absence of toxic cadmium
Bullard is continuously looking for ways to decrease our carbon footprint. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to let us know.